If you are into hiking, shooting, hunting, being a prepper or just being well prepared in general, a good tactical backpack is one of the most essential things you could ever have in your home. A tactical backpack is basically a backpack that you can carry out with you in case of emergencies and your backpack is supposed to have essentials that can help you go through up to 72 hours or 3 days, the best tactical backpack, will last you for a lifetime. You never know when things can go sideways, so it is better to be always be prepared.
This backpack can be used if you have to flee your house over natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, attacks, chemical leaks, or anything else that can prompt a mandatory evacuation. The kit is named and designed from how it can hold essentials that you may require for 72 hours or three full days after you leave your home.
This 72 Hour tactical backpack is full of basic emergency supplies including food, water, light, communication, first aid, survival tools, etc. The food and water should have a 5-year shelf life, this way you are set for the next five years. Your backpack should be in an easily accessible location, so you can grab and leave ASAP.
Now, let us look at the best 72-hour backpacks available online
1. 5.11 Tactical Backpack – Rush 12 2.0 – Military Molle Pack, CCW and Laptop Compartment
NEW 5.11 RUSH 12 2.0 – Can be used as a military or army pack, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, hiking backpack, or everyday outdoor backpack. This assault pack is ready for any rescue or adventure for all of your gear and equipment. Tactical Backpack featuring 16 individual inner and outer compartments, a roomy main storage area, a hydration pocket, padded laptop compartment, large sunglass pouch compartment, and a CCW Conceal Carry Weapon compartment. Made from durable 1050D nylon, this military backpack is water-resistant and features self-repairing YKK zippers. Equipped with an adjustable height sternum strap, two external compression straps, and a contour yoke shoulder strap system.
- 1,476 cubic inch / 24-liter total capacity
- Front lower pocket with internal slip and zippered pockets, admin org
- Front top zippered pocket
- External front and side web MOLLE with 6×1 name tape and 3×3 loop
- Fleece lined eyewear/media pocket
- Padded laptop sleeve and dual mesh pockets in main compartment
- Hidden CCW compartment with loop panel
- Rear hydration compartment
2. Maxpedition Falcon-III Backpack (Khaki)
The Falcon-III is bigger and more comfortable to carry than previous models. The pack comes equipped with a lockable CCW (concealed carry) compartment that can fit larger-sized handguns. This product is available in 3 Color Options. It is durable, ergonomic, and intelligently designed, this large-bodied pack is thoroughly constructed with 1050-Denier water & abrasion resistant nylon; yet its ergonomic shape, padded shoulder straps, and sturdy sternum & waist support make it comfortable to wear even when hauling heavy gear. For attachments, it has The External PALS Webbing and for customization Internal Pockets and loop fields.
- 100% Denier
- Designed, Tested and Built to Last
- Overall size: 10″(L) x 12″(W) x 18″(H)
- Main compartment: 10″(L) x 6″(W) x 18″(H)
- Overall volume: 2160 cu. in. / 35L
- CCW pocket, with lockable zippers, fits large pistols
- 3D breathable mesh padded back and shoulder straps
3. Direct Action Ghost Tactical Backpack 31 Liter Capacity
This product has 4 pockets – two side pockets that may be stretched to fit water bottles. Additionally, there is a zippered, soft velour-lined, glasses pocket in the upper portion of the pack and a flat zippered pocket below it. Carrying straps of the Ghost MK II backpack is wide, and padded with stiffened closed-cell foam, with side release buckles for quick doffing. The waist belt of the Ghost MK II pack is a fully functional PALS/MOLLE belt that can be detached from the main body and used on its own with included low-profile suspenders. The third pocket is a detachable organizer pocket, completely separable from the main pack body. Normally, it is attached to the main pack via 4 buckles and an adjustable shock cord, but it may be used completely on its own (it has its own carrying handle) for medical supplies, etc. Internally this outer pocket has a lot of internal slots and pockets for gear organization, plus when attached to the Ghost main pack it forms a beaver-tail-type flap, where you can pack additional clothing or lighter gear. Ghost Mk II has redesigned side pockets that are equipped with elastic for expansion. They also have the new Direct Action logo. It is a lightweight and versatile 3-day backpack designed for advanced Military & Law Enforcement operators. The patented Combat Vent System provides increased comfort for its users during prolonged use. Also great for hiking and traveling. Unique laser-cut MOLLE/PALS system is low profile, lightweight, snag-free, and non-water absorbing
- 100% 500D Cordura fabric for durability
- Lightweight, durable, non-moisture absorbing lase cut MOLLE/PALS system
- Heavy duty, glove friendly YKK zippers
- Suspension system is based on S-profiled shoulder straps and internal stiffener in the back
- Velcro ID panel on front Laser cut PALS/MOLLE on front and sides
- Padded computer sleeve with separate access Hydration bladder compatible
- Side pockets for a standard U.S. canteen or Nalgene3.5 Liter detachable organizer
- Heavy duty YKK zippers
- Duraflex hardware
4. Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
Condor Outdoor Products, Inc specialize in tactical vest, plate carrier, modular pouches, pack, etc. With over 20 years of experience in the tactical/outdoor gear industry, Condor offers all the essential gear for any mission while saving you money. This product has a heavy-duty constructed 72-hour backpack that features body contour shoulder straps with integrated D-rings. It also has a sternum strap and waist belt to enhance comfort and support. A 50-liter pack with a large cargo capacity can also store 2x 3L hydration bladders in a separate pocket. The main compartment includes quick-release gear retention straps with 2x zipper closure mesh pockets. The second compartment contains 3x document pockets, 2x radio pockets, and pen holsters. 2x large rear pockets with 3x elastic closure and 1x zipper closure mesh pockets in the bottom pocket. Includes extra pockets on each side for hydration systems and extras. Individual rear foam pad optimizes comfort and airflow.
- Quality constructed to take on a 72 hour exploration
- 50 liter pack w/ supportive sternum & waist straps
- Individual rear foam padding w/ airflow technology
- Practical camping or emergency bug-out pack
- Hydration compatible up to 2x 3 liter bladders
- Large load cargo capacity compartment
- Designed for easy access and organization (7 pockets)
- Hydration-pack compatible (2L or 3L bladder)
- Body contour shoulder straps with D-Ring for equipment attachment, sternum strap and removeable waist belt
- Individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort and maximum airflow
- Heavy-Duty carry and drag handle
5. Maxpedition Ironcloud Backpack
The IRONCLOUD is a comfortable pack designed for travel and is carry-on friendly for most flights. It can be carried in three different orientations depending on the user’s preference: by the side handle, by the shoulder strap, or by the backpack straps. The main compartment is lockable and has an internal compression bib inside for securing contents during travel. The IRON CLOUD has a padded compartment dedicated for a 15″ laptop or tablet on the exterior of the pack, making it easy for the user to access while on the go. The overall volume of the pack is 2930 cubic inches (48 liters).
- NTOA Member Tested & Recommended
- Airline Carry-On Size
- Dedicated Padded 15″ Laptop Compartment
- Stowable Yoke Backpack Straps
- Internal Compression Bib for Securing Contents
- The Ironcloud has a padded compartment dedicated for a 15″ laptop or tablet on the exterior of the pack, making it easy for the user to access while on-the-go.
6. REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack Large Army 3 Day Assault Pack Molle Bag Backpacks
Reebow Gear is a brand known for manufacturing world-class, high-performance tactical gear. They specialize in a wide range of products that are used not just by the army, but also by consumers who love the outdoors, trekking, hunting, and much more. This backpack is made of high-density fabric–durable and water-resistant.
This backpack has a molle system. This product is an assault backpack with double-stitched, heavy-duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls along with a side and front load compression system. It also has ventilated mesh padded back area & shoulder strap which is breathable and comfortable. Military backpack has hydration compatibility that works great for a hydration bladder.
- Compartment for hydration bladder 2.5L
- Made with heavy-duty accessories including cord pulls and zippers
- Ventilated, breathable shoulder and back area
7. 24BattlePack Tactical Backpack | 1 to 3 Day Assault Pack
This product was manufactured by a combat veteran-owned company that produces products that a soldier would use. It has waterproof lining, oversized zippers. This backpack is a high-quality, comfortable padded, and breathable mesh with double-stitched seams. It is an over-engineered design that is meant to last a lifetime. It is laptop safe and also compatible with hydration bladder. It has a built-in universal CCW handgun holster for use as part of your EDC. Insulated compartment with hanging clips and drink tube access for your hydration bladder. A 1-Year warranty is included with your purchase. This is a real USA company.
- Cross-Compatible With Many Accessories
- Built-In Universal Concealed Carry Gun Holster
- Insulated hydration bladder compartment with holes to feed the tubing and clips to hold the bladder
- Available empty loop Velcro real estate for your morale patches
- Waterproof lining inside of each compartment in the pack
- Double-Stitched around the entire pack
- Heavy-Duty and Over-Sized Zipper preventing rain and other elements from entering the pack
- Expandable From 20L to 40L (cubic liters)
- 1-Year Warranty covering everything from the zippers to the stitching. No other company selling these types of packs will stand by their products like this
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee means that if you do not like it return it for a full refund, no questions asked
- The zippered front pocket includes organization slots for concealed carry firearm or CCW handgun, tools, camera, maps, and other items
8. 5.11 Tactical RUSH24 Military Backpack, Molle Bag Rucksack Pack
This product is one of the most popular 5.11 tactical backpacks, the RUSH24 is a high-performance tactical pack suitable for active duty, hunting, hiking, and recreation, or grab-and-go bug-out bag. It is compatible with 5.11 Tier System and Scabbard, the pack features unmatched storage capability, a wrap-around MOLLE and Slick Stick compatible web platform, a 60-oz. hydration pocket, and durable, water-resistant construction. It’s a backpack built to be ready for anything. Quite simply the best tactical military backpack on the market. Military Backpack has 37 liters total capacity with Twin drainage grommets and self-repairing YKK zippers. Perfect to use as a patrol backpack or trekking pack It also has three mesh admin compartments, zippered side water bottle pocket and a hook and loop area for name tape and flag patches. Water-repellent coating and has two external compression straps and a contoured yoke shoulder strap system. The Rush24 tactical military backpack can be used as a multipurpose pack, bug out bag, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, army backpack, sling bag, hiking rucksack, or everyday outdoor backpack.
- Dual zipping side pockets
- Compatible with 5.11 Tier System
- Reinforced grab-and-go handle
- Three mesh admin compartments
- Zippered side water bottle pocket
- Water-repellent coating
- Two external compression straps
- Contoured yoke shoulder strap system
9. GZ XIN XING 43L Large 3 day Molle Assault Pack Military Tactical Army Backpack Bug Out Bag Rucksack Daypack
With this product, you can also get free Gift Kits & 30-Days 100% Full Refund Assurance. It comes with 10 Pcs Accessories like Water Bottle Pouch, USA Flag Patch, 6x D-Rings Grimlock Locking, 1x Hydration tube Clip, 1x Waterproof Rain Cover. The waterproof rain cover is hidden inside the zipper pocket at the bottom of the backpack. This military backpack is made of high-density fabric–durable and water-resistant. It is designed for 3 days trip and is large enough to carry all your gear.
There are 2 main compartments, 2 small compartments in front, and a back compartment for a hydration bladder. Each of the compartments has various pockets to help with organization. The large compartment area has two soft padded laptop pockets and 1 mesh pocket for carrying your gear. It also comes with ventilated mesh padded back area & shoulder strap, breathable and comfortable.
- 2 Left and Right Strap and 2 Bottom Strap for Load Compression
- 2 Soft Padded Laptop and Tablet Pockets
- 2 Small Compartments In Front
- Waterproof Rain Cover
- Molle System & Velcro Strip
- Water Bladder Compartment
- Adjustable & Removable Chest and Waist Strap
10. Backpack for Men Large Military Backpack Tactical Travel Backpack
It is a very popular multipurpose backpack, suitable for different people, suitable for various occasions, can be used to travel, trekking, hunting, hiking, and other outdoor activities, for both men and women. It has a Molle system, you can add different small pouches or Velcro on it, make the backpack different from other backpacks. one American flag patch for a gift(can be removed). This 3-day travel backpack has four main loading spaces, the front compartment can hold the cell phone wallet, the key and so on, the middle compartment can put the flat plate and the book, the main compartment can put some clothes and so on it works great to hold all of those just In-case items, like fuses and food, flashlight, anything In case of an emergency. Plenty of room for a lot of stuff and plenty of separate compartments you have organized. This is an expandable backpack, which can be expanded by a zipper on the side. The thickness of the side can be switched between 8 ‘and 13’, and the maximum packet capacity can reach 64L. Can hold more things and the side buckles make it easy to secure it and reduce the size of its full, and this backpack is water resistance, very suitable for outdoor activities.
- A water bladder of 3L and above can be placed
- The second front pocket of the backpack can be put into a tablet or IPad. There is a special net bag to fix it.
- In the front pocket, there are a lot of harnesses to fix your various tools
- The super large space in the main bag can be put into clothes, tents, hats, etc.
- This is an expandable backpack. The capacity of the backpack can be increased to 64L by opening the zipper on the side.
11. Hannibal Tactical MOLLE Assault Pack, Tactical Backpack Military Army Camping Rucksack, 3-Day Pack
Military Tactical backpack is made of durable and water-resistant 600×600 Density fabric, works great with a 3L hydration bladder(hydration bladder do not include)
This tactical assault pack backpack has 2 main compartments, 2 small compartments in front, and a back compartment for a hydration bladder. Each of the compartments has various pockets to help with organization. The large compartment area has an elastic strap to hold laptops or anything you don’t want to move around. Each pocket has two zipper pulls, and one of the compartments that can fully open all the way down to the bottom like a suitcase. The shoulder straps are padded and adjustable and the waist belt expands enough. The thick mesh padding back area and shoulder straps will not pinch you under heavy duty. This tactical 3-day assault pack can be used as a bug-out bag backpack, hunting backpack, range bag, survival backpack, or trekking backpack, etc. The Y strap and buckle on the front are great to roll up a sweatshirt or light jacket. And the straps at the bottom can be used to hold a tent or sleeping pad. The front and both sides come with. Two years warranty.
- Front and Side Molle
- Provide up to 36L
- Multi-functional pocket
- Comfortable back panel
- Large Capacity
Why do you need a 72-hour kit? What should you carry?
A 72-hour kit is one of the most essential things you could have in your home. You never know when you will be forced out of your home. A 72-hour kit is a setup that you would carry with you when you have to flee from your home to ensure emergency preparedness.
You might need in this backpack in case of emergencies like:
- Chemical leak
- Terror attack
- Mandatory evacuations
Always store the backpack in a place where it is easy for you to pick and leave.
Let’s discuss some important things you can store in your kit
Food and Water
- At least a gallon of water
- Canned foods
- Cup Noodles
- Protein bars
- Non-perishable food
Portable Kitchen Materials
- A portable stove
- Fuel for the stove, usually secured in sturdy canisters
- Food storage items
Get enough clothing for 3-5 days. Include clothing for all weather conditions. Also add socks, underwear, and other items you need. Get coats suitable for both rain and snow. Heat blankets also keep you warm.
- A tent
- Sleeping bag
- A sleeping pad which is vital for cold weather conditions
- A bug-out bag
First Aid Kit
- Dressings for larger wounds
- Antiseptic wipes
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton wipes
- Bandages of various sizes
- Dental health
- Body Soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Feminine hygiene products
- Allergy medicines
Conclusion for the best tactical backpack roundup
Make sure you have a good tactical backpack for 72 hours, prepared and stored in an easily accessible place in your house. It is better to have one bag for each person traveling with you. Multiple bags can be helpful if you ask other people in your group to bring them. These people should be willing to carry what you have with you when you need them. If you need to temporarily leave your home, you must protect everyone in your group. Looking at the severity of natural disasters, emergency preparedness is essential, now more than ever. It is advisable to keep your kit in a dry area inside your home and make sure you refresh and recheck the contents every year. Also, make sure canned items and medication aren’t expired. Routinely replace and refill medication and food. Get your 72-hour kit ready today.